This new support model is the ideal starter shoe for price-conscious runners. The VAPOR 9 is more flexible than the TRANCE and ADRENALINE models, but nonetheless features all the technologies required by athletes in the support category.
• HPR™ High Performance Rubber: HPR™ is an abrasion-resistant rubber outsole compound that has higher durability and wears longer.
• HydroFlow® - the established cushioning system from Brooks: HydroFlow® is a system of chambers sitting under the heel area of the midsole. The contained silicone-oil compound dampens the impact of the foot on the ground and offers optimal shock absorption and comfort. HydroFlow® is used in all Brooks shoes.
• DRB™ Diagonal Rollbar - A high density post at the medial arch is engineered for pronation control and creates a smoother transition from the mid-stance phase into the propulsion phase.
• DRB™ Accel: A shank-like thermoplastic device provides torsional rigidity to the midfoot, enhancing support while allowing the heel and forefoot to act independently.
• S-257 Cushsole: A durable, energy-efficient midsole compound used as an insole board for even more cushioning and flexibility.